What's in my makeup bag?

October 30, 2012
First and foremost, it's been just over two weeks since my last post and I want to offer apologies again to my subscribers/readers for that. My mom passed away on the 14th from complications due to her (breast) cancer, of which she was a survivor for six years. Since then, I've sort of lacked motivation to write any new entries and in fact, I've got a small backlog to get up and out of the way and I'll start emptying said backlog with a sort of 'quickie entry' that I hope you'll still like!


As the title states, here's a peek into my makeup bag which I tote around with me everyday containing my must-have beauty items with me that I simply can't leave the house without!


  • (a) MAJOLICA MAJORCA Skin Lingerie Pore Cover - For those days where I simply don't have the time to put on a full face of makeup, I use a primer like this, dab concealer where needed, and then layer on some powder and blush afterwards and I'm done! I love this primer because it really glides onto your skin and makes it so smooth afterwards and creates the perfect base for your bb cream or foundation!
  • (b) Benefit's the POREfessional - Wait, another primer? Actually, I only have this in my bag because I'm almost out of my Skin Lingerie Pore Cover, haha! I actually don't like this product too much and it almost pales in comparison to the former. It does make my skin equally smooth, but it doesn't do as well in minimizing pores, sadly. It also dries out my (combination) skin a little if I don't moisturize properly beforehand! Once I empty this tube, I'm definitely re-purchasing the one from MM.
  • (c) Nichido kabuki brush - When I'm on the go, I use this brush for setting my makeup, touching up, and for applying my blush. Yup, triple usage! I actually really love this brush because it's so soft and completely compact. For PHP239.00, it's pretty much a steal!
  • (d) Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner - No day is truly complete for me without liquid liner, and the precise tip of this liner makes me one happy gal who loves her cat eye flicks for an everyday look. The only con I found to this product is that just a couple of weeks after using it, on a daily basis, the ink started acting like it was running out and I had to end up vigorously shaking the product before I could use it properly. But perhaps I just had the bad luck of picking a faulty one? Oh well.
  • (e) MAC Select Cover-Up concealer (NW25) - For someone with dark under eye circles, I pretty much need this with me every day. Especially since I wear glasses, which unfortunately, can make under eye circles look even darker thanks to the shadow it casts. I find this shade a tad bit too dark for me though, I probably need a NW20 or even lighter because though it looks fine on my eyes, if I try to conceal anything else on my face (blemishes, etc.) it contrasts with my skin tone and makes it look hideously obvious I've put on concealer there.
  • (f) L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder - My current setting powder after I put on my bb cream or foundation. I've started hitting the pan actually because I find it to be a pretty good product! It looks natural no matter how much I put on, but oil control is so-so. Also, if you don't moisturize well prior to applying it, it'll definitely emphasize any dry spots, as with most powders, I guess.
  • (g) Maybelline Baby Lips lip balms - For someone with lips prone to dryness, these are a lifesaver, especially when I'm going to be applying lipstick or lipgloss.
  • (h) Garnier Skin Naturals Light Whitening Face Powder (01-IVORY) - This is what I consider my 'touch-up powder'. Some time during the day, particularly when I start to get oily in my t-zone, I blot with paper then apply this. I sometimes use this to also even out any bb cream or foundation that's too light for my skin tone since this powder has a natural looking shade despite currently using the lightest shade they have.
  • (i) Maybelline Magnum Super Film mascara - I actually just bought this on a whim. It's a decent mascara and goes on quite intense to make your lashes look thicker, but doesn't do a great job for lengthening. Truthfully I can't wait to finish this up so I can try out the Maybelline's Volum' Express The Falsies mascara instead because I've heard it's one of the best mascaras out there, hands down!
  • (j) MAJOLICA MAJORCA Cheek Customize blush (PK333) - This is actually supposed to go in a another case which you buy separately but I just hadn't bothered purchasing, that's why it looks so small. The idea is you can change and customize what blush you'd like to use by replacing what's in the separate case (check this blog out to see what I mean). But personally, the brush that comes with the case is too small and I like using a big, fluffy brush (ahem, like my Nichido kabuki brush) to apply my blush. The color is lovely though, and if you have fair skin like me, will give you a very natural looking and flirty flush!
  • (k) Youngblood eyeliner pencil (black) - A nice, almost creamy intense black liner that's worth the PHP800+ price tag unless you're looking for something waterproof, then I suggest finding something else. This barely lasts on your waterline (an hour or so at most before it starts to fade and disappear) and I find myself constantly having to retouch it! My bad though because I didn't check if it was waterproof before buying.
  • (l) Tweezers - What else do I have to say? For those moments where I need to do a little brow maintenance or for helping me apply falsies!
Unlike a lot of other girls (or hey, even guys), I don't bring any bb cream or foundation with me because more than once has it ended up leaking somehow, or like most often with my bb creams, the tube is accidentally squeezed while in my bag so it ends up making a mess and spilling all over when I open it and it just ends up as a waste. I also don't bring eyeshadow with me anymore. Basically, in terms of bb creams and shadows, I try to look for long-lasting ones and/or make sure I get a good face or eye primer so that I just apply at the beginning of the day and hope it endures until I'm finally home. Aside from that, I'd most likely need a bigger makeup bag!

Whoops, this quickie entry turned out much longer than expected! Expect a new entry very soon guys, within the next few days or so since I'll be catching up again! Take care!

8 comments:

  1. Chic Sassy Mom DesThursday, December 20, 2012

    Hi Ari, my condolences...I'm truly sorry for your loss. It's great to know that you're back to blogging. :)


    Best Regards!
    Des of chicsassymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybelline's Magnum Mascara and the Hyper Sharp Liner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are good buys, so go for it :) Though the mascara didn't wow me as much as I expected it to, I love how it's easy to wash off. And the liner is just one of my favorites, period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Dawn.


    Which ones are on your wishlist? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much.


    And yes, definitely give it a try! I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My condolences.


    I think I like all the items in your kit. Some I have tried and some are in my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janna Joshelle ParelThursday, December 20, 2012

    First off, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm a new follower. I really like this post. I hope you could do a review on the MAJOLICA MAJORCA Skin Lingerie Pore Cover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Janna. For both your condolences and for becoming a follower. :) I'm glad you liked the entry!

    And yes, expect a review on that some time in the future when I re-purchase a new one!

    ReplyDelete