Sponsored review: "AcneCare" from Vida NutriScience

November 07, 2012
Last week, Vida NutriScience Inc. sent me one of their products which I've been hearing about for a while now to try out: AcneCare (Lactoferrin).


Actually, they were generous enough to send me three bottles of it! Now it should be obvious what the product is for already, but still, what is AcneCare exactly and how does it help? From their website, they say that AcneCare...
Comprises of a proprietary blend that derives a bioactive complex rich Lactoferrin, Linumlife and zinc gluconate. AcneCare is based on milk's many bioactive components with specific physiological effects to support the reduction of blemishes and redness associated with a bad complexion. The most essential mechanisms are the anti-microbial, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to help promote a healthy complexion from the inside. 
• Clinically Proven against Acne
• Helps you get rid of Acne , Red spots and Blemishes
• Also works for body acne and adult acne
• Promotes and maintainshealthy skin & clear complexion
Now there are some fancy terms in there, so let's break it down a little bit more, shall we?
Lactoferrin - Lactoferrin plays a supportive role in nourishing the skin from the inside through three mechanisms: anti-microbial (enhances the body's natural defenses against bacteria), anti-inflammatory (helps assist reduction in redness associated with a poor complexion), and antioxidant (helps aid the repair of damaged skin cells from blemishes. 
LinumLife Complex provides lignans from Flax, a well-recognized group of phytoestrogens with estrogenic and anti-estrogenic action, which helps in the treatment of acne. Produced through a proprietary process, LinumLife Complex is concentrated and provides between 10 to 30 times more lignans than whole flax or other flax ingredients. 
Zinc facilitates the production and regulation of about 200 hormones in your body, and one of that is testosterone. It is known that testosterone is one of the main promoters of acne. Intake of zinc may prevent potential hormone imbalances that can lead to outbreaks. Zinc is also closely involved in protein synthesis and in collagen formation in your body, both of which are essential in the maintenance of healthy skin and in normalizing production of skin oils. Zinc can help heal your blemishes, reduce the inflammation, and reduce the androgenic effect of hormones on your skin.

I don't know about you, but it's all sounding great to me already. Even if you're fortunate enough to not suffer from acne, the product does also claim to get rid of red spots and other blemishes so I think that's enough to warrant a try!


I, personally, do not suffer from extreme acne myself, and my acne scars are thankfully not that pigmented. But my skin isn't perfect, so I do occasionally get a pimple or two every now and then and I'd prefer to keep them at bay so I'm hoping this product will do just that, as well as get rid of any other blemishes I have! I've been taking them twice a day (as recommended, every morning and night) for exactly one week already, but I'll save my proper review and conclusion until I've been taking it for at least a month to allow any significant effects to take place.

Price: PHP885.00, Purchased from: Free (but available at all Mercury Drug, Watsons, or South Star Drug branches)

Don't forget to check out and like their Facebook page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment