Review: Bench Perfect Skin Whitening Facial Moisturizer

July 16, 2013
My search for the perfect (day) moisturizer still continues. I have yet to find one that is light enough that it absorbs quickly so that I don't have to wait ages before moving onto my makeup, but also moisturizing enough to take care of the pesky areas on my face that end up flaking and causing my makeup to cling onto them in dry patches. Of course, for it to have added SPF would be a lovely bonus too.


With that, I decided to give another quite recent find of mine a shot: Bench's Perfect Skin Whitening Facial Moisturizer.

This is one of the products from their 'Perfect Skin' line that also consists of a face wash, toner, and serum. I heard the entire line is specially formulated for men, but I've only seen that info come from one source and it isn't specified on the packaging or anywhere else so I'm not entirely sure that it is.


A gentle facial moisturizer that helps whiten skin and reduces dark spots. It has SPF 15 that protects skin from harmful UV rays. 
Enriched with Arbutin, a whitening agent that optimizes and evens skin tone for visibly lighter and fairer skin. 
Contains Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that restores skin's radiance and natural glow. 
With Avocado oil, known for its moisturizing and nourishing properties, it assists in the rejuvenation of the skin.
The product comes in a simple squeeze tube that holds 20g of product. It's quite small and I managed to finish the entire thing within 2-3 weeks (using it daily, once a day), but it is very affordable. Enough so that you can stock up on this and buy a couple or even a few tubes at once if you like it.



This is generally the amount I use every morning. When my skin is feeling drier than usual, I add a bit more to it.

The texture is like your typical moisturizer and isn't too thick which makes it perfect for day use. It absorbs into the skin quickly, usually 5-10 minutes for me even in a non-airconditioned environment, but of course it will take longer if you're somewhere hot and humid. The scent reminds me a lot of sunscreen, which I personally don't mind especially since it's not very strong. I didn't notice any visible whitening or brightening effects as of yet either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does moisturize my skin well, but it's just not enough for the more dry areas of my face like my cheeks and around my nose sometimes since I still experience some of my makeup makeup clinging onto dry patches or there's still some flaking. However, I did find a way to remedy this somewhat by using it in tandem with iWhite Korea's Facial Cream (review to be posted soon). Applying the latter right after the moisturizer's been absorbed really helps.

So far though it's the most effective day moisturizer I've used and I'm already planning to get another tube asap, but I'll still be on the lookout for better ones!

WHAT I LIKE:
  • Very affordable.
  • Absorbs into the skin fully in a short amount of time.
  • Contains SPF15. Enough protection for a couple of hours under the sun if worn alone.
  • Does not make my skin/t-zone oilier.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
  • Not moisturizing enough for me overall when my skin is especially dry, but I have found a way to remedy this (using in tandem with iWhite Korea Facial Cream cream or double moisturizing).

ANYTHING ELSE:
  • I wish this either came in a bigger tube or was at least available in other sizes.
  • Smells a lot like sunscreen which some may not like.
  • No visible results yet concerning whitening or brightening.

Price: PHP52.00, Purchased from: Bench (Glorietta 3, Makati)

53 comments:

  1. This looks like a good, affordable moisturizer! My skin does get really dry and flaky sometimes (more often than not... haha.), so I don't think this is the moisturizer for mee.. ;n; Thank you for the review!
    Junniku.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @June L. You're welcome! :) If my skin was more normal-combination, then this would be the absolute perfect moisturizer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin get really dry in winter, but this one could work for me during summer :D

    Don't forget to check my giveaway!

    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ileana As someone who lives in a country where it's practically summer everyday, I can vouch that it is good to use for the hotter months definitely. Especially since it's not heavy, has SPF, and absorbs fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caity @ Moi Contre La VieTuesday, July 16, 2013

    Too bad this didn't work better - Good luck finding the whitening cream of your dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm ya I'll leave sunscreen smelling like sunscreen rather than the moisturizer thanks so much for sharing the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This might be good for my combination skin if you said it's not moisturizing enough...On the other hand, you should check out Embryolisse, they make awesome moisturizer for dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bummer that it didn't work as well as you had hoped! :( Good luck on your journey to find the perfect brightening cream!


    http://veggiesandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie I'm just hoping to find the moisturizing cream of my dreams, haha. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @PopChampagne You're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jilly I have combination skin too. Oily t-zone, dry everywhere else. If your skin isn't as dry as mine though, then this would definitely be good for you.

    I've heard good things about the Embryolisse moisturizer, but sadly we don't have it here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jilly I have combination skin too. Oily t-zone, dry everywhere else. If your skin isn't as dry as mine though, then this would definitely be good for you.
    I've heard good things about the Embryolisse moisturizer, but sadly we don't have it here. I might purchase it online one day though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Raimar ღ Guevara ღTuesday, July 16, 2013

    Oh really interesting product is the first time than I see this brand sweetie!
    xx


    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks good, but skin is oily ;__;

    ReplyDelete
  15. the packaging look so neat and nice ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rosalie B.TangonanWednesday, July 17, 2013

    it looks refreshing... especially the packaging. #GIG love

    http://www.rosalietagonan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how simple the packaging is. Too bad it doesn't really moisturizes your skin well. Good thing it has SPF though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i prefer gel type!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. not a huge fan of whitening creams unless they use natural ingredients like licorice, konjac or rice bran or something. The ones with hydroquinone or bleach can be really dangerous. Glad if it works for you though! If you want a more natural one, Komenuka Bijin makes a lovely Whitening Serum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Star Shoukei I have an oily t-zone and so far this doesn't make me oilier there, but if you feel more comfortable with a moisturizer made for oily skin then go for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Janet I like it too. Sometimes neat and simple packaging is a refreshing thing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Rosalie B.Tangonan It's a light formula, so it is refreshing to use in that sense. Definitely not heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Gen-zel Yeah, SPF is always a good bonus, especially in this country!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @cindy tong I haven't tried a gel type moisturizer yet, but I'm already eyeing a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @tianna I doubt this has bleach, but I agree with you! I'm not specifically looking for products that whiten anyway since I'm already fair-skinned. But I do like products that promise to brighten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. If it is targeted towards men, it's doing a good job. I think the packaging is pretty gender neutral. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's so nice that you don't need a ton of product each morning! I always feel like I'm slathering things on forever :p

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never used a whitening cream before. I wonder when you will start to see the whitening effect?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I havent' explore pa bench talaga sayo ko lang nalalaman :) But I love their scents, yung sanitizer and I bought the lipstick na isa because of the packaging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. never heard of that brand before #GIGBloggers

    beautifyiu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds good. At 52 pesos, it is very affordable! Haven't really tried Bench skin care products before. I use Olay Total Effects Advanced Daily Moisturizer which I find rather expensive at 699 pesos, but it lasted me quite a long time. I guess it's great for oily skin like mine since it's oil-free and fast-absorbing as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bench has a very limited skin care line, but so far the products are quite good.

    I've tried the Total Effects moisturizer too, but for me it was a bit too heavy even if I was using the day cream. It did hydrate my skin pretty well though, it's just not something I can use when I'm in a bit of a rush.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's a local Philippine brand, but they do have some stores in other countries like China and the US. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love their hand sanitizers too and I always buy from them. I also like their bod deos and perfumes! Haven't tried their lipsticks yet, but I plan to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Maybe after some time the effects will appear, but I doubt they'll be very visible since I'm already fair skinned so the most I'll get is a brightening effect instead of whitening.

    ReplyDelete
  36. In terms of my skin care then yeah, I don't usually put a lot of product on during the day since I already apply quite a lot of makeup.


    After washing my face, I only apply toner then a moisturizer (sometimes I need to double moisturize though, so I use two different kinds) before my makeup. At night, before bed, is when I have to use a lot more products such as moisturizer again, serum, acne cream, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yeah, even if it were for men it seems fine for my skin so I have no big complaints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I see. I also didn't like the Olay Day Cream, I found it too heavy as well. So I stuck to the advanced daily moisturizer. Good thing this one from Bench worked out fine for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. @Maxinne Marie Since it's the best day moisturizer I've tried in a long while, I'm actually including it in my next article!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great review, thank you :) #giglove

    ReplyDelete
  41. oooh i think i should also purchase this one when i drop by the mall. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Happy to hear that it absorbs well into your skin. With that said as you point out it has flaws. Thanks for writing about these. Easier to maneuver :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. @Kajsa Josephine Andersen You're welcome. Glad you found it helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  44. @Carizza Chua I do recommend it! It's affordable enough to at least try out too.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Looks interesting! Im always on the look out for creams, it seems a good size to trial it, thank you for reviewing!
    Found you on GIG!
    Claire
    xx
    http://pennyforthem1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  46. most (if not all) whitening product contains spf...that part I agree :) But I would like to know about its ability to make black spots and sun spots disappear... :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have one pigmented sun spot on my nose, but so far no change at all with it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The size is perfect for trial, I agree. You're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. what other ingredients are in it? products that remove stuff or "whiten" the skin freak me out...

    ReplyDelete
  50. @Ninaonthemoon Here's the full list of ingredients:Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamte, Glycerin, Arbutin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Lactate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Fragrance, Persea gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Squalane, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octocrylene, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Lactate, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, CI 77891, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate

    ReplyDelete
  51. Amazing post. Great review! Loved it totally! xx

    ReplyDelete
  52. their lotion has great scents too :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. my boyfriend has a really dried skin , we even want to go to a derma to ask if it was already eczema .. Good thing we bought this bench moisturizer, it really work well for him , he has fairer skin and it is not dry anymore :)

    ReplyDelete