Review: vitamin hand (Evas)

January 28, 2013
I'm just one of those people who's very particular about my skin. I always want it as flawless and smooth as possible, all the way from my face down to my feet! That's why I regularly use both face and body exfoliators and lotions to pamper and care for my skin, and that of course also includes the skin on my hands. Call me old-fashioned perhaps, but I believe women should always have smooth and soft hands. It just adds that extra touch of femininity, and I'm sure your boyfriend or husband doesn't want to be holding onto rough and dry hands!

Luckily, a Korean brand, Evas, has a product that can help you achieve smooth and delicately scented hands with their vitamin hand hand lotion.


I never fail to apply hand cream or lotion before bed every night as well as every morning after I'm done getting ready, so when I ran out of my usual hand cream, I decided to try out a new one and spotted this product at Watsons. Lucky for me, it was also on a buy-one-take-one promo hence I grabbed two right away! Not sure if the promo is still ongoing though as I got these last month.



I love the metallic and sleek packaging, don't you?

There are three varieties to choose from: Winter Cherry Extract (Vitamin A + B)/Cherry, Melissa Officinalis Extract (Vitamin B + C)/Lemon, and Avocado Extract (vitamin C + E)/Avocado. I got the former two!

I'm biased to anything cherry scented, so I just had to grab the Winter Cherry Extract. It was also the last one available on the day I got it, so it must be their most popular! I also picked the lemon one because I was planning to give the other to my best friend and I know she likes citrus scents.

More info on the ones I chose:
Enriching hand and body lotion that smoothens and hydrates the skin leaving it soft and delicately fragrant. Great for all skin types. 
Winter Cherry Extract (Vitamin A + B, Cherry): Shea Butter and RC ingredients form a protective layer of moisture on the skin of your hands and nails. Vitamin water and Cherry extract are skin-protecting ingredients, which contain various vitamins and amino acids. They provide the skin with nutrients for maintaining the balance of water and oil, making your skin smooth and moisturized. 
Melissa Officinalis Extract (Vitamin B + C, Lemon): Shea Butter and RC ingredients form a protective layer of moisture on the skin of your hands and nails. Vitamin water and Lemon Balm extract are skin-protecting ingredients, which contain various vitamins and amino acids. They provide the skin with nutrients for maintaining the balance of water and oil, making your skin smooth and moisturized.


Of course the products are well-sealed upon purchase!


The consistency of the product is light, not too thick nor too runny, and it absorbs quickly into the skin which makes it ideal for day time use as well since you don't have to wait for your hands to 'dry' before leaving the house.

As for the scents themselves, if you've ever tried the Jergen's Original Scent lotion with Cherry-Almond moisturizers, then the Winter Cherry Extract smells almost exactly same except a little lighter. According to the bff, the one I gave her definitely has that light hint of lemon to it too. The fragrances themselves don't last very long on the skin, it disappears within half an hour or faster once you wash your hands and everything, but that's not the most important thing when it comes to hand creams and lotions, right?

As with any (hand) lotion or cream, the effectiveness of the product of course partly depends on your hands as well, and other external factors such as the weather/climate, how often you wash your hands, etc. Thankfully I've never suffered from dry or rough hands, but I do like how it keeps my hands extra hydrated and smooth, including the skin around my finger nails which does actually does tend to get dry sometimes. However, if you have very dry and rough hands, I think this product may be a little too weak to hydrate them properly.

Pros:

  • Can be used for both hands and body, so it's a multi-use product
  • Delicately scented, just enough if you like scented products that aren't too overwhelming at the same time
  • Very light consistency and absorbs quickly into the skin. Ideal for both night and day use
  • It comes in 100ML tubes which is quite a lot for something you only need very little of each time, so it should last you a while

Neutral:

  • The scent after application doesn't last very long, but I don't mind it so much that I should label this as a con

Cons:

  • None for me!


Price: PHP139.00, Purchased from: Watsons (SM Makati)

7 comments:

  1. i always have rough and dry hands :( and havent seen this brand in the watsons near my home it must be sold out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will hunt down this hand cream on Watsons! I hope it is still on a buy1 take1 promo. But the P139 for a tube isn't bad.

    XX,
    New
    post is up: I am Jenniya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it's still affordable even without the promo! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this amazing review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I happened to come across your blog. I am the distributor here in the Philippines. We would be happy to supply you with products for an exdeal. Can you share your contact number? Please email to jenny.jabeguero@descorpinc.com. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will send you an e-mail! Thank you also. x

    ReplyDelete