Review: Baby Skin Pore Eraser (Maybelline)

April 28, 2013
Concealing my large pores is a mandatory step in my daily makeup routine. Though they're not as ghastly as say, a brand new zit, I still consider them unsightly (on me at least) and always try to minimize their appearance with both a great primer and BB cream or foundation.

Thankfully, Maybelline has recently released the Baby Skin Pore Eraser.


Though the product's name is already self-explanatory, what does Maybelline say it does?
On contact, translucent gelt melts on skin and instantly erases pores, imperfections, lines and creases. Skin looks instantly transformed into a perfect smooth canvas.
As someone who wasn't too impressed with Benefit's The POREfessional and didn't understand why everyone raved about it so much, I was more than keen to try this out. It seemed like the perfect dupe and I was right!



Baby Skin Pore Eraser comes in a 22ml squeeze type tube with a twist cap. It's small enough to easily slip into your bag or makeup kit. 


The nozzle hole is tiny, which allows you to accurately control how much product is dispensed. As something you'll most likely end up using daily, this is definitely a plus aspect!


The product itself is like a semi-thick gel. I find it a bit difficult to spread and blend out completely though, perhaps because of its consistency. It just doesn't glide with my fingers as well as I thought it would.

With primers I usually put one medium or big blob on my forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin then spread and blend it out from there. But with this, I have to place pea-sized amounts all over my face and then proceed to spread it out for blending.

Additional info from the box:
ALL DAY 
Skin is shine free, even and baby smooth. No burden to skin.
Instructions: 
Apply all over the face or on concerned areas. Suitable for all skin tones and types. Mistake proof. No mirror needed. Does not clog pores. So light you forget it's on.
The secret? Cherry extracts known for their antioxidant properties. 
Now for the results!

Prior to application (natural pores)
After applying Maybelline's The Baby Skin Pore Eraser

Though my pores weren't erased completely, since I have the face the fact that they're just too big for that to happen, they've definitely been minimized or 'blurred out', as I like to put it. As you can see, it also did the same for both the new zit I have and the acne mark (right side). Additionally, my skin became super soft and smooth - making it a perfect canvas for my BB cream or foundation.

Some people have been substituting this as their overall primer, but I'm using it as an additional step to my face priming instead, particularly since this product hasn't helped my makeup to last longer in any way and has zero oil control. The product isn't described by Maybelline as a primer anyway.

In the end, I'm really pleased with this product and it's safe to say I'll be repurchasing this as soon as I start running out!

Pros
  • Cute and eye-catching packaging
  • Nozzle allows you to control amount of product dispensed accurately
  • Affordable, especially as a dupe for Benefit's The POREfessional.

Cons
  • Slightly difficult to spread and blend out.
  • No oil control.
  • Does not improve staying power of makeup.
  • Contains silica, a common ingredient in many primers and foundation that a number of people are allergic to.

Price: PHP299.00, Purchased from: Maybelline (The Landmark, Makati)

44 comments:

  1. I wasn't impressed with benefit too, with the packaging , I can compare it to the benefit but with the effect and texture its more comparable with ELF Infused Primer. :D I will also repurchase too nice review. thank you for checking my blog often :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this seems like a very promising product. I haven't seen this in the Maybelline counter I've been to, but I will definitely look for this! Thanks for the review. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Benefit's actually dried out my skin a little sometimes and it only became worse once I applied my foundation or BB cream on top. I don't know if they tweaked the formula along with the packaging now, but I'm still hesitant to try it again!


    Oh, I've been considering getting the ELF primer too! I might just do that soon.


    And you're welcome, thank you for stopping by also, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome!


    I'll admit I wasn't expecting too much since I've been disappointed by a lot of products that claimed to hide pores, but this one delivered for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvancka RegistreSunday, April 28, 2013

    Wow, this product is exactly what I've been looking for. o.o Really wish it had some sort of oil or shine control factor to it, but you're right, the packaging is really cute and it seems to have really good on you.Thank you for this review! I had no idea this product even existed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious about this product,too. No oil control but you said it says "shine free." Was this achieved in a way? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the product claims to make your skin shine free, but it wasn't the case for me. I still got oily around my t-zone as I always do by the middle of the day, which is why I mentioned that it can't replace a good primer to help with shine instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome! Hope you're able to grab yourself one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this too, and I have to agree. It doesn't help much in controlling oil. But I loooove how it effectively blurs out my pores. The first time I applied this on the back of my hand at the mall, I thought the finish was the same as Porefessional's. But now that I've tried it on my face, I realized that they actually differ in finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, definitely! I needed to moisturize really well prior to using the POREfessional because it dried out my skin a lot, but with this one, I sometimes don't even need to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great review Dolcellita!! ^.^ i have never tried this product, but am thnking about it now! i found you on the GIG tag and am also here to support you by following you! hope you can support me aswell and follow via GFC or email.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have tried one like this from Eraser, I think it's inline with Placenta, not sure though. Actually effective, however I hate that it leaves a mark on your face :(
    Thanking you for posting this. Hahaha. Might get one later but I haven't seen this in stores in yet, where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got mine from Landmark dep store (Makati), but I've also seen this in Watson's and SM Makati and SM Megamall. I think it should be more widely available now since I didn't see it in all stores either at first :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review have been wanting to try some new products
    xo Becky
    #GIG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! I've followed you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great product, Will be eagerly waiting for more.



    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets



    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours
    hope the same from you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now i'm going to have to try this! I didn't even know they had this! awesome review love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. popping by here at your blog!

    ahhhh this product looks amazing! would definitely give it a try when it's available in my country!

    x http://joannee-candygram.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You should! Hope you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Primer seems better for me. Although I think the consistency and silica would help "fill" really deep pores and maybe wrinkles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the review, really cute packaging :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Silica is what creates that smooth canvas for the skin by filling in pores and lines which is why I'm lucky I'm not allergic to it! But yes, I definitely recommend an actual primer in addition to using this :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It was good enough to impress me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Donna Dawn DonezaWednesday, May 01, 2013

    Thanks for this review. I was thinking of buying it, but now I'm thinking of buying something else. I have oily skin, so I'm trying to find something that would control that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. If you still really want the effects of this, you can always use it with a an oil controlling spritz or primer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. april hollie arnadoWednesday, May 01, 2013

    I've been seeing a review of this all over blogsphere. I was right to skip this. awesome review ^_^
    Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like it is a miss for you, I do not have a problem with pores. You did a great review. Thanks for sharing.

    Living F.A.B.ulously on Purpose

    ReplyDelete
  28. Actually not so much a miss for me! This has been the most effective so far in helping with minimizing my pores :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the review. been wanting to try this. but your review made me think twice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow looks like a great product, will look for it and try too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. new product from maybelline! i want to try to have a poreless face.. hehe thanks for sharing!

    - from gig
    www.swirlsandscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks, but that would mean I have to search for 2 things now. lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dropping by to share some #GiG Love - the positive result looks visible enough! Cool! xx Donah

    ReplyDelete
  34. Interesting. Might give it a try when my pore eraser products ran out! Thanks for the review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very interesting product. I have not seen or heard of this yet. I will defiantly have to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Somdyuti D. RayMonday, May 06, 2013

    Maybelline! The results are so visible. great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's crazy the effect a pore minimizer has. I remember the first time I tried one on a whim and I had to do a double take at my skin! This one doesn't look bad.

    ReplyDelete
  38. i think I should make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I figured some people wouldn't be able to purchase it if they're allergic to silica which is a shame! :(

    ReplyDelete
  40. Janna Joshelle ParelWednesday, May 08, 2013

    I really wanna try this out for myself BUT it isn't locally available where I live. :( Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  41. doesn't have it here..


    i want it.. :(
    gitalockwood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete