The Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag

May 31, 2013
I've seen this particular tag being posted around a number of blogs quite recently and I decided to hop on board as well. Yes, I just tagged myself!

It'll be another nice break from product reviews anyway, right?



1. GREED - What is your most expensive beauty item?

Image from: Amazon

I'd have to say my Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6512. This counts as a beauty item, doesn't it? I shelled out PHP5,000 (almost $120) for this baby because I got sick of the pains (literally) and frustration of shaving and waxing. I'm glad I decided to splurge on it though because I love it!

2. WRATH - What beauty item do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Image from: Indian Beauty Central

Concealer. Though a necessary product for most women, including me, I struggle with concealer a lot of the time and so far, I haven't yet found one that I've been very happy with. It's either too drying, cakes too easily, sinks into the fine lines under my eyes, or simply doesn't provide enough coverage. I've tried all kinds too, from sticks, to creams, to liquids. Finding the perfect shade is also an added nightmare for me! However, despite my love/hate relationship with it, it's still something I need on a daily basis so I do my best to work around the problems I face with it.


3. GLUTTONY - What brand makes up the biggest chunk of your makeup collection?

Image from: SassiSam

I have to say that the biggest variety of products I have come from Maybelline. I have lipsticks, lip balms, blushes, face powder, foundation, BB cream, mascaras, and eyeliner all from this one brand. What can I say? Maybelline's products are decently priced and a lot of them work great with me.

Sadly, I'm quite torn with Maybelline these days ever since I found out they and all of L'oreal's acquired companies that include LancĂ´me, Garnier, Shu Uemura, and Kiehl’s, just to name a few, still test on animals. You can read about their animal testing policy here.

Though I'm against animal testing and abuse in general, it would also be a lie for me to say that I will stop purchasing from all of these companies outright. I guess it offers some comfort in them stating that their testing "represents less than 1% of our safety assessments" meaning they do it only very minimally, and that they are trying to find alternatives to animal testing so they can stop it completely. I just hope they can do that very, very soon!

4. SLOTH - What product do you neglect to use due to laziness?

Image from: Kikadoo

Eyebrow products. I guess this is less out of laziness and more of the lack of necessity, but since I already have very dark and defined brows, I don't really need to fill them in. Yes, I have very slight gaps that I do fill in when I want to achieve a more polished look and define them even more, but again, it's not obvious enough for me to need to reach for a brow powder whenever I step out of the house.

5. PRIDE - Which beauty product gives you the most confidence?

Images from: Musings of A Muse, Think What You LikeSo Feminine

This is easily foundation for me. I don't like my bare face with its large pores, post-acne marks, redness, and uneven color so I absolutely cannot leave the house for long without a good base makeup to minimize, correct, and conceal all that. If I had to choose just one makeup product I couldn't live without, it'd definitely be foundation. I feel horribly insecure without my skin looking presentable.

Though I can strut out of the house confidently after applying a good BB cream, as you all know my love for them, good coverage and long-wearing foundation still gives me that much needed extra boost of confidence.

6. LUST - Which item is at the top of your beauty wish list?

Image from: Geeky Gamer Mom

PMD Personal Microderm. I've been yearning and lusting after this for over a year already! I've heard many great things about it and would love to see it do wonders for my skin. Of course you can expect it to not come cheap. The basic (international) model is PHP7,000+ and you'll eventually need to buy the replacement discs for the device once they wear out which are around PHP600 for a set. Elisa from Memorable Days does a great review of it here on her blog if you want to know more about it.

7. ENVY - What makeup product looks great on others but not yourself?

Image from: Lime Crime

Pastel lipsticks. Granted, not many can pull this off so easily either and pastel lippies are definitely not for everyday, but I am a little jealous of those who can wear this without looking washed out or sickly like me! Pastel, or very light lip colors in general, tend to also over-emphasize the lines or feather horribly on my lips. Not a great look!

---------------------------------------------------------

If you guys decide to do this tag also, I'd love to read what you wrote so feel free to leave me the link to your entries in the comments!

22 comments:

  1. marilovesgr33nFriday, May 31, 2013

    Very interesting tag session and cute products described. I particularly agree with the 5th point. I've substituted fondation with BB cream.

    xxx

    mari from www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    #Special Friday tag #gig

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tag post is interesting! Im lazy to use blusher and bronzer *hehe*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me about it, concealers never meets my expectations.

    http://kjandersen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to hoping we find a concealer we love soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really use blush that much since my cheeks are naturally flushed a lot of the time already, so I tend to reach for a bronzer instead but only when I feel like my face needs a bit more color to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both foundation and BB cream, but so far the latter still hasn't replaced the power and finish of foundation in general for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same about concealers!! So hard to find the right one :-/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh concealer. I wish to be able to find one that suits me real soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving Lime Crime lipsticks! So pretty! Definitely know what you mean about over spending on beauty - don't we all do that?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally the same with the eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chaithra m bhatFriday, May 31, 2013

    <3 Love it Already following you on GFC :)
    - Chaicy
    GIG
    http://www.style-a-pastiche.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post! I'm the same with the eyebrows and the foundation!


    Never tried the Philips gadget, though - definitely looks way better (and cooler) to shaving and waxing. I hate waxing. Arghh.


    Follow me on Twitter?
    Twitter.com/leejjune

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun tag! It was really interesting to read. Haha I
    wish I could participate too, but I don't have much of beauty tooth!
    heheh.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun post! Had a great time going through it!
    No. 2 and 3 are same for me as well.. n lucky u have got defined brows! I wouldn't go out of the house without filling my scarce eyebrows! :(
    <3 #gig
    www.pearlypoppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh what a fun tag honey!! agreed with you on the pastel lipsticks! omg that would look so bad on me but so goegeous on other girls hehehe ^_^ big hugs #GiGlove <3
    Latinolook.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Same here. Pastel lipsticks is my super duper love but when I tried it.. nakow doesn't look good on me~! I wanted to buy PMD too :) btw, is the shaver really good? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooo I love posts like these, they're so interesting!


    Emily Jane xo
    http://www.theglittervixen.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Though I used to complain about the pains of having to tweeze my brows often, I realized it cuts a good chunk out of my getting ready time by me not having to draw them on perfectly everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My hair grows back fast, so I end up spending way too much for waxing. While some women can go for weeks without needing a re-wax, I'm back in the salon within days! Shaving is just a pain overall, so I finally had to get an epilator!



    Followed you on twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I felt guilty by reading this..lol..
    I heard about the epilator too! so need to prepare the money first.lol


    marvelikalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was really interesting to read! I love foundation and need it for confidence as well and I wish pastel lipsticks suited me too xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you'll also be able to get yourself one soon! :)

    ReplyDelete